On Webinar Series: Environmental and Social Management of Construction
1. I have learned different approaches and techniques of integrating environment safeguard into the project or developmental activities. I will be able to use the learnings from my work and the projects that my institution is implementing.
2. The webinar provided a somewhat encompassing and brief overview of what are the things to consider when managing social and environmental impacts during project implementation. The webinar is very applicable in my field of work especially when dealing with contractors and what to look out for when conducting impact assessment for the feasibility study stage.
On Webinar Series: Project Supervision: Environmental and Social Management
1. I had little to zero knowledge in ESMP, especially in social assessment. This training was very valuable in providing a comprehensive overview of ESM, including document preparation, monitoring, GRM etc. I would like to be a part of an ESMP preparer team. The presentations were very helpful, especially their inclusion of sample plans, case studies, and group activities.
2. It was comprehensive and the schedule was well spaced. The speakers were also very engaging and the case studies presented were helpful in illustrating the topics discussed. It gave me a glimpse of how the ESF instruments we are preparing will be used during implementation so I realized that we also need to take that into consideration in preparing these documents to the point of engaging the project managers and supervisors as early as the preparation stage of the instruments.
On Learning Series: ADB’s Safeguards and Accountability Mechanism
1. I joined the training with very low knowledge about ADB’s safeguard policy and Accountability Mechanism. The methodology implemented for the series of sessions was very effective that it encouraged me to really review all the materials and catch up with the discussion. The sessions gave me valuable insights which are very useful if I will be tasked later on to be part of an ADB-funded project.
2. The resource speakers are knowledgeable on the presented topics and were able to discuss the topic thoroughly. They effectively communicate to the participants. The training was helpful to understand the Safeguard and Accountability Mechanism and I feel prepared to deal with uncomfortable issues with the project affected persons.